Waluigi is the evil doppelganger of Luigi in the Mario Bros video games. While he is wily and cunning, his costume, however, is not that difficult to create, whether you decide to make it yourself or purchase it from a store.
It’s a pretty simple costume that you can find mostly at thrift or department stores, except for items such as the hat and gloves, which you’ll likely have to find at a party or costume store.
About Waluigi’s Look
Waluigi is a self-pitying man who thinks everyone is getting what they want out of life except himself. With black overalls, a purple long-sleeved shirt, and the unusual “Γ” symbol on his hat and gloves (which is an inverted L and a gamma sign), the character also has a large mustache and large nose and ears.
He usually has a scowl on his face and looks unhappy, and his elf-like shoes are usually bright orange or gold in color. It is a colorful costume indeed and one that is certain to attract attention every time you wear it.
How to Dress Like Waluigi
To dress up like Waluigi for that next Comic-Con or Halloween party, you’ll need the following items:
- Denim or black overalls; the character has two large yellow buttons at the top of the overalls, which you might want to purchase as well.
- Long-sleeved crew-neck T-shirt in purple.
- Elf shoes in either bright orange or yellow-gold.
- White Super Mario gloves; you may always want to get some self-adhesive removable letters in yellow and place an inverted “L” on each of the gloves.
- Purple Waluigi hat with a white dot in the center and an inverted “L” inside of the dot; again, use your self-adhesive letters to do this if you’re making the costume yourself.
- Fake, long mustache that points up at the ends.
- Pointed nose and elf ears.
DIY Costume Tutorials
High Quality Waluigi Costume Set
Related Costume Guides
Remember, the Waluigi character is an evil version of Nintendo’s Luigi, so he needs to look the part. You’ll notice that there are a lot of parts to this costume, but keep in mind that you can find most of them at thrift or department stores and the rest at costume or party stores.
If everyone else you know is going to Comic-Con dressed as Mario or Luigi, you can go as Waluigi instead and be there in a one-of-a-kind costume. The costume is easy to put together and a lot of fun to wear. The bright colors in the outfit are certain to catch other people’s attention.