If you really want to strike fear in the crowd at your next convention or Halloween event, you can’t go wrong with a Darth Nihilus costume.
For any Star Wars fan steeped in lore, Darth Nihilus is instantly recognizable thanks to the popularity of the classic role playing video game Knight of the Old Republic. His distinctive mask captures the dark nature of the Sith, which makes it an interesting character to dress up as.
In this guide, we will show you multiple ways to put together this epic costume.
How to Dress Like Darth Nihilus From Knights of the Old Republic
Dressing like Star Wars’ Darth Nihilus isn’t that complicated. The costume consists of the following items:
- The Mask: It is a white mask outlined with some red and gray lines, and he wore it to hide the scars from his past.
- Hood: Make sure that you get the type of hood that covers the entire face and neck area.
- Cloak Cape: The perfect piece for many adventures, this cape is worn by all Siths and many other characters in the Star Wars series.
- Black Leather Boots: Choose knee-high boots for the most realistic look.
- Black Leather Gloves: Again, choose gloves that go up to the elbows if you can find them.
- Red Lightsaber: This is a cool instrument and the Sith Lords’ main weapon.
The Darth Nihilus costume is one that emphasizes the character’s desire to keep his painful past a secret. When he chose the mask, he was choosing something that not only covered his face but also to offer a great contrast to the all-black outfit he always wears.
Cosplaying this character isn’t hard because you only need simple pieces of clothing such as a hooded cape, black tunic, and wide belt, pants, boots, and gloves, to name a few. It may look like a basic outfit that is easy to put together, but it’s much more than that.
DIY Costume Tutorials
About the Darth Nihilus Look
Darth Nihilus has an interesting history. At one time, he was a regular human being, but that all changed when the Mandalorian wars took place. During this timeframe, he lost his entire family and was the only one to survive the attack of the Mass Shadow Generator.
This tragedy changed him. Ever since then he had an insatiable desire to feed on the Force. He became a Sith Lord and hunted down Jedi.
Nihilus chose to wear this mask in order to elevate his spirit. His intense hunger to rid the galaxy of the Jedi made him feel like his physical nature was fading, which is what led him to wear the now iconic mask and Sith robe.
In a few easy steps you can transform yourself this Halloween into one of the most feared Sith Lords in Star Wars history. Remember, the mask makes or breaks this costume, so invest in a high quality one. However, it’s also a fun crafting project if you want to make the mask yourself. Use the tutorials above to embody Darth Nihilus for your next cosplay or Halloween event.