Vincent Vega Costume Guide
As the world anxiously awaits the release of Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming film, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, fans of the director are dusting off their old Pulp Fiction DVDs and getting reacquainted with the characters that made that movie an instant classic. One of those characters is Vincent Vega, played by John Travolta.
If you’re a fan of Tarantino’s work and you’re looking for a last-minute Halloween costume idea, look no further than Vincent Vega. Here’s everything you need to know to dress like this iconic character.
How to Dress Like Vincent Vega
To dress like Vincent Vega for cosplay or Halloween, you will need to gather the following items:
- A slicked back hairstyle. You can achieve this look by using hair gel or pomade to slick your hair back.
- A black suit jacket and pants. You can find these at a thrift store or costume shop, or you can purchase them new.
- A white button-up shirt. Make sure it is fitted and has a collar.
- Black dress shoes. These should be polished and in good condition.
- A black belt. This should be a simple, plain belt with a silver or gold buckle.
To complete the look, you can also carry a pack of cigarettes and a lighter, as Vincent Vega is often depicted smoking in the movie.
Vincent Vega is known for his sharp suits and ties. He always looks put together, even when committing crimes or indulging in illegal substances. To get his look:
- Start with a well-fitting black suit.
- If you don’t have one, don’t worry – any good men’s clothing store will have a variety of suits that will work perfectly.
- Once you have the suit, add a white dress shirt and a black tie. If you want to go the extra mile, find a white shirt with thin black stripes – that’s the kind of shirt Vincent Vega would wear.
No Costume is complete without the perfect pair of shoes. For Vincent Vega, that means a pair of shiny black loafers. You can find these at any shoe store – make sure they’re nicely polished and look brand new. Alternatively, if you want to save money, you can just polish up a pair of shoes you already have.
This is the most important part of the costume – after all, it’s what makes Vincent Vega instantly recognizable. To get his signature slicked-back hairstyle:
- Start by combing your hair straight back with a fine-toothed comb.
- Once it’s lying flat against your head, apply some gel or pomade and comb it through again so it’s nice and slick.
- Finish by using a blow dryer to set the style in place.
And that’s it – you’re ready to channel your inner Vincent Vega!
Related Costume Guides
About Vincent Vega
In Pulp Fiction, Vega is a contract killer who works for Marcellus Wallace. This role catapulted John Travolta back into the limelight after several years of wasting away in Look Who’s Talking movies.
Vincent has become a cultural figure over the years because he is both smooth and dangerous. This is a large part of the reason for this. Aside from that, he is famous for his passion for dancing and the fact that he always has a briefcase with him that is stuffed with weapons and illicit substances.
With Halloween just around the corner, now is the perfect time to start thinking about your costume. If you’re a fan of Quentin Tarantino’s films, why not dress up as one of his most iconic characters?
Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction is the perfect choice – he’s recognizable, he’s stylish, and he doesn’t require a lot of complicated Costume pieces. So put on your best suit, slick back your hair, and get ready to have a spooky (and stylish) Halloween!